Gundalf, Machinegun Wizard

I was recently moved to get a box of each of the plastic Wizard kits from Frostgrave. The female kit arrived first and I did something I thought was pretty cool with one of those right away (more on her in a later update). When the male kit arrived I had to do an homage to the old Citadel miniature.

Years ago I picked up a pack of resin AK-47 rifles from Maxmini (I think). I've used them sparingly because I don't think they make them anymore. But Gundalf seemed like a more than worthy recipient of one. I used Stargrave plastic rifle-holding arms and removed the rifle. The AK was pinned into the hand and it seems pretty secure. It also looks good in his hands. The base is from the Micro-Art Studios plastic fancy base Kickstarter. It was originally used by this figure who was recently rebased. I figured he Gundolf could have his foot up giving him a more badass sort of pose.


For his colors, I wanted to make him look a little like a famous wizard from a certain book and movie trilogy. I put a little different spin on it just because I was too lazy to look up a lot of reference photos. I think he still turned out pretty good. It's subtle, but his elbow pads are a metallic color-shifting blue.



Above we've got the usual lineup for a size comparison (Raging Heroes Jailbird, Primaris Marine, and  Victoria Miniatures Highlander). Below we have some other various 28mm-ish figures with Gundalf (Beyond the Gates of Antares Freeborn, Diehard Eru-Kin, Space Fishman, Antares C3 Trooper).

Comments

Popular Posts