Bill Power Jr and Alicia the Gynoid

A head-swap and a rebased and touched up older mini.

First up let's take a look at the updated older mini. This was painted over a decade ago (back before I started this blog, so the original pics are on some hard drive somewhere and much poorer quality). He's from West Wind's superhero line of minis. He was painted to be Bill Power Jr, son of two high-powered heroes (Solar and Powerhouse from an ancient superheroes rpg campaign). He was originally okay but not great. The large thick integral base was a problem and I only had some lame rounded lip 30mm bases that I could get him onto. I really dislike the rounded lip base style. 

I came across Jr while I was searching for the purple droid in a comparison picture below with the headswap cyborg chick. I decided to rebase him onto a low plastic base from some Bones mini that fit just right with some filler. Jr's paintjob was enhanced with new paint mixtures and careful highlights. The only parts I left alone were the glowing left fist effect that was pretty good for how old it was and his hair because I thought it was fine. 

Above we have Jr with the mini of his mother, Solar. Below we have Jr with another mini in the same style from West Wind. I like the kind of cartoony look of them and kinda want some more in this style.



I've painted this sculpt at least three times before but it's a nice mini. I decided to give her a non-robot head this time. With the help of a nice Victoria Miniatures female head Alicia the Gynoid was born. She seems like a party girl who just happens to have a mostly metal and plastic body.


Above we have Alicia with a couple of other sci-fi ladies she definitely would party with. Below we've got Alicia with the most recent robot/droid version of the sculpt.

Comments

Popular Posts