Hasslefree Space Elf Witch

 

I got this resin version of Hasslefree's Iona Starkiller (not-Eldar) a few years ago with the thought of painting it up for my mom as a Christmas gift (she was a big Kev White fan). I started on her for Xmas 2020 but never finished because my mom was going through chemotherapy and succumbed to covid around this time of that year.  Now I've finally managed to finish this great mini as a little tribute to my mom's memory around the holidays. I hope she turned out as good as I think she did. 

When I started painting her again, the back part of her spear broke off. It took some careful drilling and pinning to get it fixed but at least the break was clean. 


The final results are close to how I originally pictured her. I had hoped to do some fancier design on her skirts but abandoned it when the purples turned out nicely. I don't usually keep miniatures off the base while painting them but this was an exception. I used one of the MicroArt Studios plastic scenic bases and finished it up first long ago. I had forgotten how well her pose fit on the steps until she was all done and glued and down. 


Her hair came out nicely blue and space elf-y. I wanted it to match the rough power blade effect on the spear and it sorta does. If there's one part I'm not completely happy with it's the gemstones. They're okay but not as good as they should be. 


Here we have the Space Elf Witch with some other similarly based Space Elves ready to kick some non-Space Elf asses.

Comments

Popular Posts