Samurai-type Stuff 1 (Wrath of Kings)

 

A random selection of test miniatures for possible use in some fantasy Samurai gaming (like Hametsu, from Black Site Studio). The Wrath of Kings Kickstarter had a ton of miniatures I got that I've mostly gotten rid of. My main interest was as a source of interesting figures for us in various games. I've finally started to build some and paint them. They're not horrible sculpts, but they aren't great sculpts either. I've tried to make them look good enough without agonizing over them.


These guys are Dragon Legionnaire sculpts from the Shael Han faction. I plan to use them as regular cannon fodder types. I have some more to be built and I like the mix of fantasy and sci-fi/steampunk with their backpack things and helmets. I'm happy with how they came out with little effort. 



This is a Bloodmask from the Nasier faction. I trimmed off the sculpted "x" on her nipples because I thought it looked goofy. Otherwise I painted her like some kind of demon or oni because I thought it would be interesting. I don't hate how she turned out, but I've got some different ideas for the next one.



Here we've got the standard comparison group (Victoria Miniatures, GW, Raging Heroes). Below we have some WarGods miniatures for a different size comparison (some Wrath of Kings stuff was originally intended as part of a Babylonian warband). 

Finally, we've got a couple of standoffs. The recently completed first batch of Goblins vs this trio. And below we have the Cyber Samurai Woman preparing to clash with the trio.

Comments

Popular Posts