Eru Kin "Frog Licker" Wizard


This wonderful Eru Kin figure has been mostly painted for a number of months, so it was decided that he should be finished now. This frog guy wizard gets a boost to his powers by licking the secretions of specific frogs. When I saw this sculpt on the Kickstarter I just needed it to paint. 



This Eru Kin, like the previous few, got his slotta tab snipped off and was based on one of the fancy resin Az Tech bases by DragonForge. I like how the stone he's stepping on looks on this base. 



One of my favorite parts of his mushroom staff is the little lizard on it. While I was painting, it was always a pleasant surprise when I came across it. I wanted to make this lil' guy stand out a bit more, so he got some ancient Ral Partha fluorescent paint. I've never really painted any mushrooms on miniatures, so I decided to go with the "standard" red cap with white dots theme.




The Frog Licker's eyes were made bloodshot with some blood red wash and then some gloss at the end. I think they help make him look like he's under the influence of the frog juice that enhances his power.



Above, we've got the standard size comparison team (Raging Heroes Jailbird, Primaris Marine, and Victoria Miniatures Highlander). Below, we have the slowly growing Eru Kin adventuring party. The Frog Licker is perhaps a local guide for the off world Eru Kin, or maybe he's one of their number who went native after they crashed on the planet.


Comments

Popular Posts