Female Cyborg Samurai

Yet another 3D printed figure from an Etsy seller, this one was sculpted by RN Estudio. I had seen pictures of this figure for weeks but not any pictures of a painted example, mostly just renders of it. But the pose and overall look of it made me want to get it and paint it because samurai...and cyborg...and that hat.

Happily she turned out to be a very good figure with great detail. I knew the body needed to be mostly metal so I used my subtle purple metallic with some light grey panels here and there. 


For her skirt I wanted some kind of fancy pattern or design (like this art print that I used to have? but this example seemed way too much to try and replicate). It took a some searching and doodling to finally settle on the slightly emoji design. I started out just doing it randomly up or down then tried to do a more consistent sequence before finally going back to totally random. I like how it turned out.

Here we have the cyborg samurai chick with a few random borgs and bots. (Diehard, Reaper, Reaper, NorthStar)

And here she is with the Wandering Techpriest and a Fakaero (Monkey Miniatures).

Comments

Popular Posts