Sci-Fi Mixed Bag Episode 13

 

Okay, this is maybe not actually the 13th time I've had a "mixed bag" but I decided I had to start numbering them somewhere and 13 seemed appropriate. This a mix of figures from various manufacturers and even a scratchbuilt scatter terrain piece...


First upis a trashbashed terrain piece/objective marker. This was a plastic bit from some sort of furniture kit or electronics or something that was tossed into a bits box and recently rediscovered. I glued a needle tip cover inside so it looks like part of an intake fan.

Next is a little 'tech-pillar' from Mantic. It was somehow in a bits box and I decided to paint it up. Perhaps it will someday find itself as part of a building or something, but for now it's just a little random thing.

A few weeks ago I put together this guy from Stargrave Crew bits and a Domari head from Beyond the Gates of Antares. His little datapad is from that same kit. For his colors I just needed to do something out of my ordinary color choices. When he was finished I realized that he sort of looks like Vision from the Avengers.


I've gotten rid of a bunch of the Mercs Recon miniatures recently, but there are some that I really liked the look of and these three snipers are the first few to get some paint since the recently completed Security Team. These all are soft on the details but I tried to make them as good as I could with paint.

This first guy is on a 20mm base because he's got a really small footprint so I decided he should be on a smaller base. The stripes on his cloak were an attempt to make him a little more interesting. 


Next is this Mandalorian active-kneeling-pose lady. I really like everything but her pigtails. I think the mix of colors make her look pretty good. 



This last sniper clearly has a cyber arm and legs. I love the whole look of this one (especially the helmet- it reminds me of something out of the Appleseed comics) and finally managed to straighten out the rifle with a little heat.



This last one is a slightly modified Magna Guard from Star Wars Legion. While the Legion miniatures are out of scale with proper miniatures, a droid doesn't need to be "in scale" so I figured some of these would be great additions to the Tech Bazaar and other sci-fi settings. I removed the staff from his left hand so he wasn't specifically a Magna Guard.

Comments

Popular Posts