Cassanndra Pyrras Salvage Party

 

It all started with a cheap plastic boardgame mini I picked up on a whim from a local shop. Then I realized a Warmachine Stitch Thrall conversion I'd done a few weeks earlier would fit with her as an assistant. And then I dug out the other Stitch Thrall sculpt and did a headswap with a Ghar mini.  Then I saw the jeep model out of the corner of my eye...



Let's look at the two scrapper conversions (Modom above and Lukerr below). They were both minor conversions and fit in well with the overall Tech Bazaar setting. Their collection bags both have an arm sticking out that needed to be painted as metal so as to avoid adding more to their creepiness. 




A little bonus figure is this servitor I converted from a Zulu figure a very long time ago. I recently rebased him to take him out of the not-Mechanicus warband and make him more generic, perhaps he'll be part of Cassandra's party. His paintjob is nothing special, really. I'm not sure if he'll stay as a part of this group, but at least he's finished now.



The Jeep Stomper (lil' Stomp Walker? I'm still not sure what it's official name will be) started out as a weird kitbash of a military model kit. That was only really simple additions to the kit and a fancy Tech Bazaar style base. But I didn't really like it or want to paint it so it was shoved aside for a year or so.




After the Cassandra conversion was completed I thought it would be cool for her to have a companion walker robot to help carry the material she recovers from the deserts. I remembered I had some Warmachine robot legs that I'd been trying to figure out a use for. And then the Jeep popped back into my mind.



A couple hours of snipping, cutting, and bits scrounging led to my latest favorite kitbash piece. I simply love it. And I think it turned out great. I got to use a few bits that have been waiting for their purpose to be revealed (like the thruster bits I  the wheel wells). 





Almost as an afterthought I put together the three servoskulls and hung them from the front bumper. I figured that would be an interesting place for them to recharge when not in use. I think they sort of help make the Jeep Stomper look more like it's in motion. In the crew compartment I wanted to add some stuff to make it more interesting. First in was a Puppet's War (I think) resin backpack. Then came a spare Ghar Battlesuit head because I just love how those look. And finally I tossed in an old Void plastic shotgun because it seemed appropriate. 




Finally we come to the lady who started this whole offshoot of the greater Tech Bazaar. The Cassandra figure just had an interesting vibe when I came across it. I knew she would be a good base for a conversion. I snipped off her right arm and head right away. The mechanical arm came from some Mechanicus kit and the head is from Victoria Miniatures. 


It was only when I was halfway through the painting that I realized how undetailed the left hand was. So I snipped it off after finding a suitable replacement in the form of one of the Dark Eldar pilot arms. The control piece in the hand is probably for the Jeep Stomper and any robots that get made in the future. 

I envisioned Cassandra as a sort of techno-gypsy and wanted her dress to reflect that. I think the mix of colors and patterns give off that vibe. 


Here we see the Jeep Stomper alongside the Stomp Walker. I hope to make a few more awkward stomper-style models because I really love the idea.

Comments

Popular Posts