Hunting Angkriz Pack (alien hounds)

 

When I got the Hukk pack I was really just interested in the Hukk himself, the alien-dog things were tossed aside. But a week or so ago I decided to give them a second look and I decided they would be an interesting change of pace to paint. So I started to figure out how best to base them. The Hukk pack was not part of the legendary Antares Cornucopia.

The first one was a test piece that I mixed some purple shades to get a nice look. On this guy I went with light grey for the "spikes" on his limbs and shoulders. While it looks goid enough I decided to switch that part of the color scheme for the other two. This guy was the only one with an open mouth so I went with blue for his tongue because they're alien dog-things.


This guy is the reason I went with the 28mm-is fancy bases from Star Wars Legion for the trio. His reaching paw would extend off of most but the largest base sizes so this size was just about right for the Angkriz' size across all three minis. 



This third pose has a great insight into how they would run and reminded me of those mounts in the Dark Crystal movie that kinda blew my mind when I saw them as a little kid. For the "spikes" on these last two I decided to go for a mustardy yellow which I think goes well with the purple skin.



So now the Hukk has his hunting beasts and I think they look good together.

Comments

Popular Posts