Duke Urbarra and Squire Gib

 

I can't remember where I originally saw some cool not-space marine conversions as power armored knights with a mix of technology levels. I thought the Dreamforge Games Valkir minis would be the best thing to use for such a figure. Then I saw some pictures from the Rich Grimmond event and the Caliban28 knights and it reignited the idea.

First we've got Gib the Squire based on a Stargrave Crew figure with a Frostgrave Cultist head and some other bits. I thought having him hold the Valkir helmet would be a good way to tie Gib in with the Duke aside from the color scheme. 


Duke Urbarra has a head from Spellcrow and some pouches from a couple of different sources to make him a bit more of an Inq28 feel.


Urbarra's colors are not at all meant to be like the Space Wolf colors. I mixed some blue grey paints to get the not-Space Wolf grey color for his armor. Since Urbarra was the first of what may be 5 space knight figures, he was a test for some things like the checkerboard areas and the heraldry shield. I have some ideas for the next one (Dame Fiona) that has already been built. His tabard was given some damage after he was built by using a small blade and light blue fit nicely with the armor color. 


His power blade needed to be something different from usual so I went with my favorite neon magenta Partha Paint that is still alive from the previous century. I think it came out pretty good. 


The Valkir suits are visibly larger than 'regular' sized people. When it's compared to a Primaris Marine, it's about the same size. Below is the standard comparison with other 28mm minis- a Victoria Miniatures Highland Trooper, a Primaris Marine, and a Raging Heroes Jailbird.

Comments

Popular Posts