Security Team

 

A recent roll for what to paint for the Minismith Roulette stunt (those miniatures are not yet finished) led me to grab some of these Mercs Recon Security guys (and the special character PLUS a Hasslefree mini that sort of fit the theme). They are not the most detailed figures and I have a ton of stuff from that Kickstarter that may never get painted. I decided to stretch the two sculpts as far as possible by doing some head swaps after assembling the first two. The paintjobs are pretty simple but I think they turned out pretty good. 

This bald head sculpt was just kind of a featureless blob. I only realized this in the early painting stages and grabbed a plastic Zulu head (from Perry Miniatures) to make it more detailed. 


Looking at the aiming pose guys first- one got the distinguished bearded head from the other pose (not as detailed as I originally thought but not as bland as the bald head) and then there's the Zulu head. I have two more of this pose that are still unbuilt and I'm looking for some good replacement heads.

Next is my favorite of the two normal guy poses. The bearded head is passable. For the second variant I found a great turbaned head from an Afghan kit (from Wargames Atlantic) , it was the perfect choice and I love how it looks on this body.


This lady is a special character from one of the Mercs Recon special scenario boxes. Like the others  she's a simple sculpt but still looks good. Since she's got a bit of a different outfit from the guys I decided to give her a little different color so she'll stand out from the crowd. Also her base is a fancy resin thing that's a one-off from some unknown source. 

And then we have this bonus girl from Hasslefree. I've painted at least one version of her before but I wanted something a little different from that time. I decided to lean into the not quite-Starfleet look of the others above. It's another simple paintjob but I like how she turned out. 



As a group, these folks might make a fun crew for Space Station Zero.... so here they are fighting some space zombies in a scary room.




Comments

Popular Posts