April Antares Assault

 

A few random miniatures from Beyond the Gates of Antares, mostly NOT from the so-called Antares Cornucopia acquired at Adepticon 2023.

First, the only figure in this batch that did come from the Antares Cornucopia- a Concord special character, Commander Kamrana Josen. I wanted to do something different from what I did with the three test Concord guys so I went with light blue and yellow. I decided a red rifle might look good with him and I think it does. In a rare basing situation I left his integral base along and built up around it with texture paste. He also got some pigment powders on the base and around his feet to give the nice dirty legs effect.



Last year I built several of the plastic Freeborn Domari figures and they've been primed ready for some paint since then. Well these three now get to join the first test Domari. They don't totally match, but that's how I usually do troopers like this. The main colors continued to be the light blue and yellow as the test guy. For the wraps I decided to give each one their own style. Since I painted them all at the same time they went pretty quickly. I've decided I'm not as keen on the various details of their right shoulder pads so the others that have been built are going to have some clean up done before they see paint.



Togg Kin'Ru was picked up at a GenCon many years ago. He was cleaned and based along with the Freeborn folks above. I could only find a couple of painted examples online for reference. I decided to go a different direction from those examples thus the red armor with the green wraps.i like how he turned out and may use his color scheme on a handful of Freeborn troops in the future. 



Finally we come to the excellent Hansa Nairobi miniature that I have been too scared to paint since I got it quite some time ago. But with the April Antares Assault I decided it was his time. I am in love with this miniature and I think I was able to make him look presentable. I like how the aqua and red armor bits look together. 



This group of minis (which turned out to be mostly Freeborn related) might work nicely for some kind of skirmish gaming...

Comments

  1. They'll be right at home in a Stargrave campaign. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts