Greysun the Rampant

This conversion of a Ghar battlesuit was created very soon after the previous 4 miniatures were finished (that's how there was a blurred picture next to Shephethiah) because the idea came to me as I was finishing them up and seeing the handful of partially painted Ghar Battlesuits on the painting table every time I looked for some paint. There was also influence from an ancient XMen comic book where the White Bishop, Pierce, has a huge cyborg body with his head sticking out of it- that's stuck with me for a VERY long time and I've tried some variations on that theme a few times. This is the best attempt yet.








I built the battlesuit as "normal" (I simply LOVE these things and I find it hard to believe that I used to think they looked lame- normal is extremely poseable for the legs and arms without even cutting anything). I wanted a sort of running pose and I think the leg placement and the right arm up to balance him helps convey that. I didn't want him to have the normal claw or blaster arm that comes in the kits, so I used a leftover part from a C3 plastic drone. I wanted to make it less recognizable (the original has some cool arcing projections off the front orb) so I used a half-bead and a length of plastic rod to give it some detail. For the head I used a Spellcrow head that I thought looked good and some floral wire with a length of DragonForge cable.


Then came the painting, a breeze after finishing the previous four Rampant members. I used the rusty red all over and then looked at what panels there were to add some fancy bits. I decided on yellow and red because they both look striking against the rusty red. And I really wanted to work some checkerboard in somewhere. The back leg was the safest place to put it if it turned out horribly. I think it looks okay.



I like to make the Antares weapons brighter colors so I went with the shades of bluish grey. I wanted to work some colorshifting metallic into the weapon and the front orb was the best place to use it. What kind of zapper is it? It's a big sci-fi zapper that's what kind.




So here we have Greysun with the rest of the Rampant. Is that all of the warband? Maybe?

Comments

Popular Posts