Nefthiss and Gorto, Techno Barbarians

 

These two converted WarGods of Aegyptus minis have only been around since "Croctober" last year, but I really wanted to get them done now. This is part of a feeble attempt to reorganize the painting table chaos.


First let's look at Gorto and Nefthiss with the cybertooth tiger who was painted back in December. 



Gorto the Sobekite was finished painting first but converted after Nefthiss as a croc dude rhyme of her. The main change is removing his hook left hand and replacing it with a Mechanicus cyber hand. I also replaced the big ladle with various plastic bits to make a ramshackle energy weapon of some kind. 


I've painted at least one other Sobekite some time ago. I tried to build on the original blue scheme to make it more fancy.

Here we have the original unmodified Sebeki Cook (Gordo Ramesses?) with Gorto (I haven't figured out a good sci-fi version of a last name yet).

Then we have the beautifully sculpted miniature of Nefthiss based on the Queen of the Crocodiles mini. She was first because I had ideas for her when I first  saw the miniature during the Kickstarter from Crocodile Games last year. She needed a cyber arm on the left and a big rifle across her shoulder. 


I found some Mechanicus bits that needed to be part of the conversion. I also used some plastic rod and card for some additional parts. And the butt of her rifle needed a little something- a scarab bit to act as a little drone for her.

I think her pale skin came out pretty good. I also like how her armored sections came out. I knew I needed to make the scarification areas on her back and thighs with metallic colorshifting paint. 

Here's the original unmodified Queen of the Crocodiles with Nefthiss. 

And finally, the Wandering Techpriest and his Apprentice met with Gorto and Nefthiss. 

Comments

Popular Posts