Dark Eldar Kruellagh the Vile Conversion

This was one of the original Dark Eldar metal miniatures from the murky depths of time. I liked it a lot but the weird embedded weapons in her hands always kind of seemed wrong for her. I painted her up long ago but after the recent 'Echoes of Transience' Dark Eldar I painted I decided to revisit Kruellagh and give her some modern plastic hands and weapons.

After the paint was stripped I filed off the strategically placed "suspenders" from her chest and snipped off the hands. I pinned the new hands for stability and looked at her base next.

It was a struggle that only ended after she was finished being painted. My overconfidence in the power of UV resin to hold a metal mini was shaken soon after she was primed. She came loose so I decided to pin her foot into the base and use some more UV resin. While I was giving her a final coat of sealer she was very wobbly and I tore her from the base but resisted tossing her across the room. I drilled the hole in her foot deeper and used a small MDF base glued under the plastic base to make this latest pinning job more secure. Super glue and baking soda made a much stronger connection and I'm hopeful her basing journey is done.

Here we have Kruellagh with her growing warband the Echoes of Transience, I think she fits in pretty well.


Comments

Popular Posts