Space Scarab Ogre

I was lucky enough to get one of the very first Scarab Ogre miniatures from Crocodile Games during the epic Ankhara campaign back in 2007 (?!?). For quite some time I thought that the Scarab Ogre would be a cool sci-fi monster. I finally got another and went to it. Below is the new sci-fi version next to my original. 

The initial plan was to swap one of the little arms for a cybernetic piece and have some dangly wires and antennae coming off it. But the sculpt is so nice as it is I built it with no major modifications. I slightly bent the arm positions and attached them differently from my original build. To give it some character I snipped off part of one of the mandibles (because there are really tough things to eat in space).

I used some color-shifting metallic blue paint for the major armor bits with an aqua blue undercoat. The overall paint scheme is pretty simple but I think it'll look great chasing sci-fi adventurers around.


Now for some comparison shots. Above with a GW Primaris Marine and a Victoria Miniatures Imperial Guard guy. Below with a Monkey Miniatures monkey guy and a Raging Heroes Jailbird.

Finally a couple comparisons with some bigger miniatures- above with a Necromunda Ambot (it's only primed) and below with the epic Cyber Space Dragon.


Comments

Popular Posts