Antares Freeborn Characters

These two couldn't wait partially painted anymore. They were actually very recently cleaned and rebased (less than a couple months?). I pushed my brushes to focus on them and they turned out pretty good. I kinda love them. They're both from a pack of miniatures with a Freeborn Admiral character, they're his bodyguards, but they're both way cooler minis than him.

First up is the female Freeborn. I love the pose and her hair. I have no real overall color scheme in mind for the Freeborn figures I have, but I really like the light blues and greys for her armor with the purple cloak.

Her base is a Necromunda plastic base. Instead of the usual rusty look I've been using on most scifi bases I decided to go with a bit more fancy high tech look for these guys.

Next is the Boromite guy. Since I first saw the Boromites I've thought "Ben Grimm aka the Thing" so that's how he was painted. The red cloak really turned out good. I think the orangey rock skin came out well too.

His base is a 28mm Star Wars Legion fancy base. These bases and some of the equipment are the best things to come out of Star Wars Legion's slightly larger scale, but I won't rant about that here.

And here we've got the other two Freeborn guys I've painted so far. They don't match exactly but they fit as a bit of a motley crew...

Comments

Popular Posts