Cyborg Tree and Servoskull Tenders

It is said the cyber-tree came to Angelhead hundreds of years ago. Some say it has been instrumental in the defense of the planet during invasions and other times of strife. Others blame the cyber-tree for somehow causing the troubles it is credited with helping quell. Still others view it as merely an odd curiosity from a more innovative time. It is very rarely in the same area for more than a few days. The cyber-tree is never seen without the handful of hovering wardens nearby tending to it and keeping any pests from bothering it.

This is a converted resin spooky tree miniature by Spellcrow that I picked up at Adepticon 2022. I was inspired by this awesome conversion made for the Pilgrym INQ28 spectacle. I went a different way without an obvious person sticking out of the tree.


I added some tech bits from plastic kits and guitar string and other stuff to make it a proper cyber-tree. I don't know what all it can do but I know it is very capable. 




The tree needed a few servoskulls as companions so I cobbled together a couple and thought it would be cool to have one hanging from a branch. I'm not sure if it's just recharging or if it's being created, either way I think it looks good. 



Along with the hanging servoskull is joined by something else- not sure if it's a seed or a weapon or what, but it looks cool. Below is the manipulator claw and what I've been calling the bulb. I tried to make it look a clear container with some liquid in it.


Above is perhaps a better view of the bulb as well as some of the mushrooms on the tree. Below is the  clump of leaves.



Above is a close-up of the monitor (not sure if it's staus readouts or how the tree communicates or something else). Next is what I've been referring to as the smokestack but I don't think it's a smokestack. Below is what I've been calling the triopt, maybe it's how the tree sees or maybe it's one of the weapon systems.


The cyber-tree is on a low 75mm base just to give it a bit more stability from the slightly warped thin resin ground. In comparison with a few 28mm figures to help show the overall size- above with a Raging Heroes Jainlbird and a GW Primaris Marine; below with a Victoria Miniatures trooper and a Void 1.1 trooper.

What will it be used for? Anything. It could be a cool terrain piece or a powerful character in a skirmish game or even a random element in a larger game. I just like it and I'm glad it'sfinished up now. One final look with Sir Brother Targus and his servo-squires.

Comments

Popular Posts