Skyfizoan Troopers- Space Jellyfish Men

I've got a lot of Wrath of Kings miniatures from the Kickstarter that haven't been touched since they arrived because I just didn't know what I wanted to do with them. More recently I've mad a couple of conversions to get some sci-fi minis out of the piles of miniatures (here and here).

One of the groups of Wrath of Kings minis that caught my eye during the Kickstarter was House Hadross with their human/sealife hybrids. I was especially interested in doing something with the jellyfish-like Sevridan Gutters. I'm not sure where I saw something a little similar,  but the use of Dark Eldar arms and rifles seemed like a no brainer. I finally put one together. Then I put another one together just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. 


This was the first one assembled and partially painted when I decided to put the second one together. I wanted something a little different for the armor so I thought a darker gold might be good. I think it looks fine.



This second guy is slightly different with the colors. I often mix equipment and other colors among troopers of the same type because I like the variations. I think this guy turned out fine as well. 


I've got a lot of Dark Eldar bits that will give several options for some more guys in this theme. We'll see what happens. The Wrath of Kings miniatures are not the most detailed, but they're alright. 

Above we've got the usual size comparison 28mm figures (Raging Heroes Jailbird, GW Primaris Marine, and Victoria Miniatures Highlander). Below we have some Antares figures to compare the Skyfizoan aliens with (C3 Trooper, Boromite Freeborn, and Freeborn Domari).

Comments

Popular Posts