Warren the Servo Cherub


The second Saturday of each month is #servoskullsaturday on Instagram thanks to Mathias Leahy. I've been trying to participate for the last couple years and this little guy is my latest contribution. Sure he's not just a skull, but he's GOT a skull and he performs most of the same duties a servoskull would perform. I'll allow it.



I've had some of the Foundry cherubs for decades now (they came with a bunch of the Revenant Elves I picked up at a convention). I've been meaning to do something like this with them for a very long time and now one is completed. 


Their wings are very tiny and not very interesting, so I found a bit from a plastic weapons sprue from the 1st Reaper Bones Kickstarter to serve as the wings. It seemed appropriate because of the hooded reaper head and scythes.


To get the flying effect, I went with the old standby guitar string. The other cable is just some thin floral wire. For the optical implant I used a bit of plastic (possibly from the same staff the wings came from).



I didn't want a rosy cheeked cherub so blue skin seemed the way to go. As I put the blonde hair on him I decided he had to be called "Warren" because nothing else would fit. 


Will he be this Inquisitrix's companion or float around amongst various warbands? Probably float around because I tend to mix and match a lot. I think he looks good with the Inquisitrix.

Comments

Popular Posts