My First Ever Battletech Miniatures

 

In my decades of painting miniatures I have never painted any Battletech minis. Some find this hard to believe, but it's true. I've played Battletech just never with miniatures I painted. The closest I've gotten to painting Mechs before was my first actual minis paintset was a pack of Partha Paints specifically for Battletech, I still have a few working bottles of. Now I have painted a few.

At Adepticon 2022, I got two starter sets and threatened to paint them before but didn't get them until a recent paint jam. I wanted a change and grabbed a random mech from the pile of them. I'm not so big in what is what anymore, but I was told this first guy is a Wolverine. I had no plan but to make it look decent.


Next was this Nova that I wanted to try out my favorite turquoise on. Another really quick and simple paintjob that turned out okay.


Painted simultaneously as the Nova, this Catapult needed to be yellow. Again, a quick and dirty paintjob that turned out okay. I added the red panels to maybe link it with the Wolverine, but mainly because I thought it would look interesting.


I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play some Battletech with these and the others yet to be painted, but they can do double duty as some robots with 28mm figures (Space Station Zero?).

Comments

Popular Posts