200th Blogpost (Give or Take a Few) WIPs Galore!

Every now and then I check on how many posts I've made- and this one makes it a little more than 200 (officially the 202nd).. yay!
I thouight this would be a great opportunity to shame myself into revisiting some olde projects that have not gotten finished yet. I thought this would also be a nice time to show off some things taht are coming soon(er or later).

First up, the long-floundering 5 Chicks Stunt which was supposed to see 5 female minis painted up and finished by the end of May in some previous year (2012!). We had 2 of the 5 completed in the 5 Chicks de Mayo - Superagent Lorna Crawford post from May that year and in the Shield Swap, 2 Chicks, and a Sebeki Conventioneer post from April of 2013. Well here's an update on all 5 of the minis:

At least there has been some progress on these ladies. Hopefully much more by the end of this year, but no promises.

Moving on, a more recent project that I know several people are still interested in, the Cyber/Space Dragon conversion! This one started back in Space/Cyber Dragon WIP (With Magnets!) back in March of 2017. There were a couple of followup work in progress posts Space/Cyber Dragon WIP 2 (The Base) and Space/Cyber Dragon WIP Finished Base in the following months but nothing since. That's not to say there hasn't been progress, just not quite done yet:




He's not been mounted to the base yet but most of the initial painting is done, just some washes and highlights to finish him up. This guy gets some painting time when I'm stumped on other things. What he needs is some devoted attention so he can fly freely....

Then there are the first few Eisenkern Stormtroopers from DreamForge Games Kickstarter. They have been in the background of a few painting table shots since the 121314 Too Many WIPs Update in late 2014. Actually, don't look at that update since only about 10 of the minis in those pictures have been completed since then (maybe there's a prize in it for the person who can name all the minis that were finished from that update). But back to the Eisenkerns:


They've really only been removed from the larger flatter 30mm bases and put on more standard 25mm raised bases. I need a painting assistant or something.

Now let's look at some of the minis that are coming soon(er rather than later hopefully):
This is a very old miniature from ShockForce that I have been mulling over a conversion of since I got her. I started messing with her recently and she snapped at the waist! So now there's going to be bit more involved with the conversion and I'm going to rethink all of it. But this is the most progress on this fig since I got her.

Here's a recent minor conversion for one of my random Inquisitor 28-type warbands. I left the sword and body mostly untouched, just added a futuristic head and a blaster and pouches to his belt.

This one is almost done! Another Inquisitor 28-type conversion. This guy got a headswap, some high-tech bits and a hand-swap for a scroll so he can be a Noble House Courier or something.

Finally we come to a Demigoddess of Dionysus that I need to get done before GenCon this year. There's also most of a warband needed for her to lead in the WarGods of Olympus/Aegyptus event at genCon. I'll be trying to keep track of that progress over at the sister-blog Duelling Scrolls. I'm sure I'll put some notices of the progress here too.

Comments

Popular Posts