Grimdark Walls, Etc.

From a couple of different boxes GW games are some gothic sci-fi walls and doors. These are from the Necromunda Underhive War and Kill Team Rogue Trader boxes. 

These door pieces were drybrushed and then the metal areas were painted. I used some Vallejo Ink (I'm not a huge fan especially when the nozzle popped off spilling a ton of it on my pallet) and wiped the excess with little makeup sponges. It came out okay, but I realized that wasn't the effect I wanted for the rest of the walls. 


Next up are the underhive walls that were glued together because I decided I probably wouldn't use the stacking ability. I decided on a full green as the main color for the insert sections with a couple of other insert colors. 

The pipes on the top got the same metallic as the doors. Washes of dark brown and black helped make the details pop a little. 

The final step after touching up was some pigment powder around the bottom. I used a rusty powder first and then an earthy grey over top of that. I really like how this worked out.

Here we've got a little setup with most of the wall pieces and some 28mm minis. The Freeborn strike team encounters some techno zombies...

Comments

Popular Posts