A New Immaculate Fury (Dark Legion Resurgence)

 

This big guy has been shuffled from a box full of blister packs to a multi-segmented plastic container to the painting table since it was released around the turn of the century. He's all metal (the backpack is a big chunk of metal that was the main reason I avoided putting him together until recently) and was supposed to fit on a tiny 25mm round base. I found a good tech base from my stash, even though he's a Dark Legion guy I decided he could best act as a random alien for various settings. 

I tried to expand on the recent touchup of my original Immaculate Fury and make this version look good enough to match the sculpt. I didn't realize this one was sculpted by one of my top 5 favorite sculptors, Werner Klocke, until I was snipping off the tab. That caused me some anxiety and I realized I must have known it was a Klocke sculpt all this time. I was able to get over the self-pressure to start in on him.

I tried to update my usual scheme for the type of big gun he has (the massive Nazgaroth, one of my favorite Warzone/Mutant Chronicles weapons). The "baffles" needed to be red but needed to look fancier, so I did a lot of building up red from a darker red. I think it turned out pretty good. 


I also really like how the backpack turned out.the build up of greys with some areas of metallic paint look close to how I imagined it when I was brainstorming the color scheme. 



Above we have the new Fury with the Space Scarab Ogre- both are on bases from the same batch of sci-fi resin bases.  Below we've got the standard 28mm-ish scale comparison figures- GW Primaris Marine, Victoria Miniatures Highlander, and Raging Heroes Jailbird. 

Comments

Popular Posts