Monowheel Murder Cab Cyborg

I'm not sure where the idea for this delightful monstrosity came from, but it was built over a decade ago and then abandoned after a  little paint. The awkward size kept it mostly out in the open so my failure to finish painting could taunt me. Well now who's taunting whom?


The main body comes from an unused wiper blade adapter (it was originally going to be a draker color that would have hidden the mold line on the upper curve, now it's a hideous eyesore that I try to ignore). I loved the shape and knew there had to be something I could use it for. The monowheel is a tape dispenser core that looks great as a high tech wheel. 



A Kroot upper body with an old Space Marine shoulder pad for the helmet gives us the "driver" figure. His left side tentacles are wire wrapped in wire. I thought the unbalanced look of his arms was cool. 


The underslung blaster is some plastic bit that looked right. When it came to the monowheel axle I think it was the interior of a pen and the cone shape came from an olde airplane kit. A bit about the colors, once I came back to the mini, were what a little random. After I did the checkerboard pattern on the side I decided on yellow. It was not intended to become a murder cab, but that's what happened. I didn't want the sides to match, that's why I did a flame freehand on the right side. 


For the base, it was originally built up with smoother texture paste with the little pipe bit inserted into the mound. Once painting was completed I used my mix of reddish basing material (I call it Martian Desert). Then the UV resin came out. I mixed in a little bright green for the first layer but it was too subtle. For the next layer I put in some olde Partha neon green and got the consistency I was looking for. The liquid looks gross on it's own but it looks really gross when you hit it with the UV flashlight. 



The MurderCab is based on a 50mm round, but that doesn't always give a sense of how big things are next to other 'regular' minis. Above we've got him with a couple of other monsters (Space Scarab Ogre and Reaper Bones Frog Demon). Below he's with the usual human suspects (Victoria Miniatures Trooper, Primaris Marine, and Raging Heroes Jailbird).

Comments

Popular Posts