Frog Monster and Squid Alien Pirate

This is the 400th post I've made on this blog,  PLUS I just found out it's National Frog Month! We've got a big frog demon/monster and an olde (late 90s or early 00s) mini that has finally been finished. 


Optimus Game Design's Battlelords of the 23rd Century was a sci-fi RPG that had a small line of metal minis around the turn of the century. This Phentari was the best sculpt that I saw in person at some game shop. He's been primed since I got him and he was rebased at least twice (because of the thick integral base)  and lost the metal sword long ago. I recently replaced the sword with a plastic Dark Eldar bit. I like how his skin turned out and I think he looks good overall. 


'Jauqx the Phentari' with some other 28mm miniatures from other companies (Victoria Miniatures,  GW, Beyond the Gates of Antares,  and Raging Heroes) .


The Frog Demon comes from an early Reaper Bones Kickstarter. This beast has been primed since soon after I got it. The paintjob was inspired somewhat by an alien character from one of the X-Men comics back in the 90s (when looking for it I think it may have been a mashup of a couple different characters in different X-books by Alan Davis and Paul Neary). He turned out pretty close to how I pictured it in my mind from the first time I saw him. 

The Frog Demon with some 28mm figures from various companies (Victoria Miniatures,  GW, Beyond the Gates of Antares,  and Raging Heroes) .

Comments

Popular Posts