FInal 3 Chicks of the 5 Chicks Stunt!

How long to paint up 5 minis? I'm not going to do the math and it really does depend on what minis we're talking about... When it comes to the 5 Chicks Stunt, well the last 3 are finally finished!

The other parts of this long-lived project can be found here: INTRO, 1st Chick, 2nd Chick, WIPs

The Femme Fatale from Reaper's Chronoscope line of miniatures. I didn't want to do the white face with red cheeks, but after a few attempt to do more subtle makeup I decided it would look better to just go bold like that.
Her left arm and leg have some rough flower and vine type tattoos that look okay. I wanted to try some bold design on her dress but finally opted on the lines at teh bottom because that seemed like something I could make work.

From Privateer Press' Iron Kingdoms line of RPG character minis, this one was one I'd been afraid of messing up for quite some time. It's a great Kev White sculpt and I just had to get past that feeling that my painting skills would ruin the figure.

About the same time this figure came out, Kev White released a space dwarf mini that is in the same pose. I painted up the Grymn chick from Hasslefree long ago. It's nice to see these two long-lost relatives reunited and painted at last.

From Wyrd Miniatures, this is the original Perdita Ortega mini. Another figure I was afraid my paint would destroy...
It's not the best version of this figure out there, but I like how she turned out. The hint of red lipstick and the blue jean effect I managed to get are probably my favorite parts the miniature- and the hair!

And thus we have the full 5 Chicks together again at last! It was a success, eventually...

Comments

Popular Posts