Eru Kin Rogue Trader and Frogdog (not-Space Slann)

Space frogs have been a minor obsession of mine since I first saw the Slann entry in the Rogue Trader book a million years ago. When Diehard Miniatures came out with the Eru Kin in their first Kickstarter I was sold since I had only ever found some fantasy Slann. These painted minis came from the second Diehard Kickstarter that was focused mainly on a ton of Slann Eru Kin. The Eru Kin Rogue Trader and his little Jagla (I've been calling it a frogdog because it sounds good).
Since these two are meant as a duo I based them on similar bases from the CMON/MicroArt Studios Kickstarter (the Eldar kind).

The frogdog was pretty hard to photograph so some of these views are a little blurry. 

It was a struggle to decide what color to make his skin since he's the first Eru Kin I've finished it was important to set the "rules" for those minis to come. I wanted something bright but not green and so orange finally won out.
I really like how his cape turned out and the darker green stripes were a spur of the moment choice that adds to the look. 
Another struggle was what color to make the armor. Some of the painted examples in the Kickstarter had  white armor and I liked the look of that so decided to try it.

Finally we've got some resin bases that I painted up for use with the rest of the Eru Kin to give them more of a coherent look. These are from Dragonforge in their Az Tech range of bases. I usually base the miniatures on fancy bases and paint them together but this time I decided to paint up the bases first and base the miniatures after they're painted. We'll see how this process turns out. 

Comments

Popular Posts