Finished GenCon 2018 Paint and Take Space Marine

It's been a loooong time since I've painted a Space Marine mini. Aside from the RTB01 box of plastic Beakie Space Marines from the ancient mists of Rogue Trader days I never seriously considered collecting a Space Marine force of any size. Random metal Space Marine sculpts from that same time period and a few of the really cool 2nd or 3rd edition Blood Angels and Space Wolves caught my eye just because they looked cool.

So at the GenCon Paint and Take in 2018 when the only mini that really stood out to me was this new "true-scale" Space Marine (or Primaris if you prefer). I just took my time and went with a random idea about sort of a Howling Griffon paint-scheme or one of those other kind of obscure Chapter. I didn't finish him at the time and he lived in a little protective box until sometime around the New Year when I rediscovered the little box.
I decided he could fit in as an Inquisitor retinue henchman and popped him of the original base for a MicroArt Studio base that matched what I put the recent Inquisitrix on. While the Paint and Take is a great thing that I've enjoyed at nearly every GenCon I've been to, the prepwork on this guy was pretty bad. I cleaned him up and tried to get most of the massive gaps fixed with UV Resin.
This is by no means an 'Eavy Metal worthy paintjob, but it's passable and I enjoyed it.This is probably the first time I've actually finished a Paint and Take mini after getting it home from GenCon.
I've not got a name or a Space Marine Chapter figured out for this guy, but I'm leaning toward the 'Tiamat Legion' based on the random chapter marking on his left shoulder. He's also got an Inquisition-style "I" on his right kneepad and a roman numeral "V" on his right shoulder.


Here we've got a view of the Tiamat Legion Marine with the recently completed Inquisitrix and two Assassins.

Comments

Popular Posts