Dronefest Wave 5 - Boromite Stuff
This batch of drones are all Boromite minis from Beyond the Gates of Antares. They were painted together in a sort of batch painting style that I had to take a break from for a couple weeks because I got lost in the details. When I returned to them, it was a simple matter of taking the last few steps to get them all finished.
First up, some Vorpal Charges that are heavy metal figs. I will try to refrain from throwing them at any opponents.
Next is what I'm referring to as the "KDrone" because it was kitbashed from some Tau drone and a few random pieces from the bits box. I don't know what it does, but it's probably something to do with space mining. I thought this guy looked better on a tiny 20mm base rather than a 25 or 30mm.
Finally, the star of the show- the Boromite Autoworkshop. I was intimidated by all the awesome little details on this thing when I first got it as part of the legendary Antares Cornucopia (at least I think it was in the Cornucopia). But I finally got over it and dove in.
When I was building the Autoworkshop, I thought about magnetizing the arms and the different holes they could be in. After a little thought, I realized that was kinda insane, so I glued them in. The flight stand was glued in securely, for a bit. Early in the painting process there was an accident and it fell on the carpet- this caused an unfortunate new feature. It's still secure, but now the Autoworkshop has an spinning action ability. I've tried a few things to fix it, but nothing has worked. At least it's secure.
![]() |
| Here we have the current extent of my finished Boromites. |






















Comments
Post a Comment