Scatter Terrain - Pile of Chests and a Sarcophagus

A pile of (treasure) chests from Mantic Terrain Crate and a resin sarcophagus from Armorcast (I'm pretty sure it was Armorcast) have been painted and may now be used in all sorts of settings.

Several years ago, I mounted the sarcophagus so it was standing up on  a 25mm base. I did one thin coat of a lighter gold back then, but the rest was untouched until a few days ago. I decided to try to get it out of the way, since it should be a simple win.


I tore it from the base to fit with my newish wish for more freestanding smaller scatter bits like this. I went over the original pale gold with a newer gold metallic paint. I did a darker drybrush of the teal followed by a lighter drybrush. Then the whole thing got a bit of targetted dark wash. I touched it up a little and was please enough with it. I didn't notice a little air bubble on his right ear until I was done with him- sadly this imperfection is a stain on my eternal soul...

 


Next us a pile of (treasure) chests with some scrolls. A few years ago, when I primed it, I thought "this'll be a quick one." Sadly, it took a number of years before I followed those words. It was pretty quick, though. I dybrushed the whole thing with a  few successively lighter browns before focusing on the scrolls and chest edges.


After a dark wash, I came back with some touchups to help the pile look better. I'm happy with how it turned out related to the amount of time that I spent.



Comments

Popular Posts