Jokaero Group WIPs

While I was in the hospital I decided to use some of the time converting the Black Cat Bases orangutan family into Jokaero (the long-lost 40K alien race). Since the pictures were taken they've been primed, so they're ready for painting-- any color suggestions are welcome...

First up is the female. One of the first weapon options I thought of for one of the Jokaero was a Predator-style shoulder cannon. So I took an olde plastic Eldar lasgun and trimmed it down for the cannon. Then I used some thin metallic wire to form the power cable/mount. I pined it in her back and then put the plastic shield bit over the area (the rivets may end up painted as blinky lights). I figured Jokaero would have some techy or cybernetic bits under their fur, so I twirled some thin metallic wire to make them look interesting and glued them up under the shield. Finally came the optical implant or monocle. I drilled into the eye and put a bit of pin in and then glued a little springy bit over the pin...


Next was the male Jokaero. The first thing for him was the monocle/optical implant. The bit for this was a shield mount from some older GW plastic skeletons. Then I did some more wire twisting to make interesting cables to hang loose from his fur. Finally came the arm mounted tube- I don't know what's launched from it, but I'm sure it's pretty impressive...



Finally came the youth. Since this one is obviously much younger than the other two he doesn't have as much in the way implants/techy bits. Some kind of techy anklet of coiled wire. Then I put a cable in his back. I didn't get a picture of him with HIS techy eye bit/monocle.


Hopefully there will be more progress pics soon...

Comments

Popular Posts