Owlbear Family
On a whim (a carefully planned and considered over the course of a couple weeks whim), I picked up the Dungeons&Lasers Owlbear Family box. They are meant to be based together on a big 50mm base, but I'm a rebel and decided to base the momma separately from the cubs.
The cubs could've also been based separately, but I liked their playful vignette, so I kept them together on a 30mm base. I wanted them to be lighter than the momma and managed to steer clear of painting them almost totally white. I'm not sure what the one is eating, but I don't want any...
The momma owlbear got a 40mm base. She is very big and impressive. For the lighter belly area, arm feathers, and face, I used some lighter beige colors and then some not quite white. The shoulders and tail got a yellowish brown up to a bright yellow.
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The separate bases allow all sorts of scenarios and uses.
![]() |
| The Momma is big enough that she would fit in with the monsters for the Techno-Feudal Monster Hunting setting I've been working on minis for. |
![]() |
| The Owlbear Family could even work with sci-fi minis as alien megafauna. |
















Comments
Post a Comment