Bones Hoplite Statues

While these Reaper Bones miniatures will fit in nicely as scatter terrain for WarGods games (see the sister WarGods minis focused blog) they can also be general terrain bits. I had planned to make them removable with a second base for them to act as living statues, but the magnets I've got are too small to make it work. So I'm looking for bigger magnets to try again with the next batch. 

The Male hoplite is pretty straightforward. Simply layers of drybrush and dirty washes to get a nice result. 

Alas, the female hoplite got some harsher treatment. There are tons of minis in each Bones Kickstarter (I skipped Bones 5 because there are way too many unpainted miniatures in boxes around here) so they don't all get looked at to make sure all the parts are there until a long time after they arrive. A couple years ago I decided it was time to break out the hoplite statues for some painting. One of the female hoplites was missing a head. This is that figure. I decided she should have some additional damage so I chopped off the top of her spear and carved into the plastic with my scalpel. Her paintjob is the same as the Male hoplite.

And here we've got some WarGods Corinthians with the hoplite statues to show how impressive they are next to 28mm figures.

Comments

Popular Posts