Female Space Elf and 2 Techno Crusaders

Three more sci-fi type minis this time. Two from the continuing Dysprosian Brotherhood project and one of a more generic character for use all over the place.


First up, a Mage Knight unpainted plastic figure (WizKids had a line of unbased and unpainted early mage Knight figures that I somehow got this one from) with some Space Elf bits added. She came with a knife that replaced with the pistol. She's meant to be a Space Elf Wanderer or Outcast. She might be a space pirate or a mercenary or even a bounty hunter.

Here we see the Space Elf Wanderer amongst some actual Space Elves from a well-known company. She looks enough like them to fit in as an outcast.


Next we have the first of our entries to the Dysprosian Brotherhood, this is Sister Yozira- a space-fish-thing inside her environmental suit. I've not decided ona clear front and back for this, so there probably isn't one. Not sure where the inspiration came from (probably just "hey, these bits are cool! what if I put some tentacle things on it so it looks like it's floating?) but I'm glad it did.
To achieve the floating look of the orb section, I used some guitar string for the dangling tentacles and put some magnets into the base. This is pretty stable for the figure and it comes off easily for storage/transport. I had thought about simply gluing the tentacles down, but that seemed far too likely to snap off. I need to do more with these lil magnets...


Finally, the second of our Dysprosian Brotherhood entries, Brother Nasmyth Techno Wizard. Bits from Games Workshop, Wargames Factory and wherever the head came from (was it a Mercs mini?) all came together to make this guy.
I had considered magnetizing the servo-skull so it could detach and have it's own base, but I decided against it because I was just trying to get something together. I may revisit this later and make it work. 

Here we have a group shot of the growing Dysprosian Brotherhood warband. There are a handful of other minis in various states of paint that will help fill out the group (including the cyber space dragon!) once I get around to them.

Comments

Popular Posts