Cinco de Mayo Plastics and Conversion Fest

Actually from the 4th and the 5th. I went a little plastics happy and started a conversion that was scheduled for November WAAAY early.


First up is a Tethru-headed, AK-wielding Greatcoat Trooper. I got some AK47 resin bits from Maxmini and have been itching to give them to someone and after adding the metal WarGods Tethru head to the Wargames Factory Shock Trooper body I decided this was the right mini to get one first. From there I just kept adding bits that I thought would add to the look of a Gamma World type of mutant or a sci-fi Egyptian from beyond the stars...

This one had been waiting to happen for years- a Void plastic trooper head on a Warzone Bahaus Ducal Militia body. Looks good and now I've got a hero for the multi-use Ducal guys I've already painted up...

3 Tau figures finally put together. Nothing too special about htem, I've just wanted to put together some of these for a very long time...

Anotehr Maxmini AK, this time it's been heavily converted because the barrel broke off when I was drilling the grip area for a pin to the hand! Another plastic barrel (from a Kroot rifle) and we've got an AKX-990 rifle for this figure that is being called a self portrait simply because I have a coat sort of similar to the one he's got. I added the beard with some liquid greenstuff to complete the selfness of it....

And finally a couple of Kroot thrown in for good measure. The one on the left was almost armed with an AK but I decided to have it hanging from his bag and giving him an empty clenched fist instead (removing the  knife from it very carefully)....

A nice little break fro metal minis to help cleanse the palate before getting back into a focus on lots of painting. These shall all be painted someday, some hopefully much sooner than others...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts