Lame Terrain Project 3- Market Bases

I've gone into lame terrain mode again. This time it's some "market bases" for use in various settings to add some things to search or impede movement. These are only the first 3. I think I've learned some valuable lessons from them that will make the next batch turn out better.


The bases themselves are simply cut from an old gift card. Gift cards are always useful to make big bases for 'unimportant' stuff- never let the store keep your empty gift card!!! Of course, I didn't actually measure the first one so it's something like 33x59mm. Oh well. The other 2 used the first one as a template so at least they match each other...


The jars are simply various glass beads from a couple of cheapo packs I picked up at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby a while back. There is some frosting on some beads from the Gorilla Superglue, but I don't think it looks too bad. Perhaps those have cold liquid in them? Right.


Instead of gluing some of my standard desert sand to these (since I'm not sure exactly where the container is hiding) I did a painted base desert-ish thing to them like with THIS guy's base. I'm still not sure if I like the results or just the idea of the technique.


The figure for scale is a WarGods of Ægyptus Horde Mummy on a 20x20mm base.


These turned out not bad. The next set of market bases will have different sized/shaped bases (40x40?) and I've got a well that's almost done too...

Comments

Popular Posts