First Eru Kin Troopers (Space Slann)

 

For far too long the excellent Eru Kin miniatures from an early Diehard Miniatures' Kickstarter have sat unpainted in their own little box. Now that I've been made aware of National Frog Month I have no further excuses to leave them alone. These first two troopers were further test pieces for the rest of the Eru Kin.

The first one finished was this running trooper with his soft helmet. I like how he turned out but the colors don't pop as much as I thought while I was painting him. The standard light orange skin color I've established for my Eru Kin might need to get some different hues (I'm thinking maybe some yellow and some lighter red) to help with that.

Then came this guy with his power war club and armor-I think the other guys armed like this I might start calling 'knights' because they've got swords and fancier armor. The first couple of Eru Kin I painted both had mainly light grey/white armor so I decided to expand on that with this one. It was just too much white, though, so I did a few strips in a mid-grey to help break it up a bit. Also the weathering helps make it less super-clean looking.

And below we've got a lineup with 28mm figures from Raging Heroes, GW, and Victoria Miniatures. They'll fit in just fine.

Comments

Popular Posts