Fishing28 Update 2

Some progress towards playable Fishing28 has been made in the background. One of the original scratchbuilt boats, a dock terrain bit, a newly built raft for a special fisher who is not yet built, and some fishing servoskulls.

First up is this little dock built from bamboo skewers and coffee stirrers and popsicle sticks. 


Next, another scratchbuilt piece. This slightly imperfect raft with some green ropes holding it together came together soon after Adepticon when I had some inspiration for a new fishing person. I hope it will be as cool as it is in my head. 



Then we have this crazy idea that turned out great- a servoskull fishing team. The little boat is an upside down 25mm base with some bits to make it look less like a base. The fish is a fancy charm that has been patiently waiting to be used for over 15 years.


For the fishing line I used some floral wire that looks pretty good for the flying effect. If I had some actual fish ready to be used in a game I could totally use this is the fisherman. I really need to work on and find some more fish miniatures. 



Finally we have the sump boat made from the squirter part of a Febreze bottle and various other bits of trash.


I used some texture paste to give the smooth plastic some texture to help with the paintjob. I like the sleek look combined  with the battered paintjob. 


What's next?

Comments

Popular Posts