Minismith Roulette Round 5 - Some More Space People

 

So it's been quite a long time since I've done one of these painting stunts, and the big Roulette box is still as full as ever. Well let's remedy that with another roll of the dice to figure out what to paint! (The Minismith Roulette 'rules' can be found here.)

So the roll was a 2 (the Evens side of the box), a 6 (Row 6 down), and a 2 (the second "cell" over. Sadly I didn't get a picture of the minis from that cell but there are a couple left (that have actually been joined by a couple more). We chose to go with an olde Metal Magic Space Civilian and a very slightly converted metal Reaper fantasy mini..


So let's look at the Metal Magic mini. I still have a few more of these olde SpaceLords minis unpainted. They're very characterful and I really like them. This guy is just an everyday civilian who is apparently unarmed. The streak in his hair helps him look even more spacey, I think.

Next is a nice bard mini that I instantly knew how to turn into a sci-fi figure- I trimmed off the handle of her knife and replaced it with a pistol grip and another bit to make a laser gun hanging from her hip. I couldn't get her eyes to turn out right so I decided to go with the 'mask' simply with paint. This led to a new twist on her backstory as one of the travelling monks of the Order of the Unseeing Eye (I had planned her as a starship pilot and I think that this new twist just makes her more characterful).


Comments

Popular Posts