Techno Barbarian- Bovan Tuk (BtGoA)

There are many figures for Beyond the Gates of Antares that I really like and want to paint up. I'm finally making my way to them in the loosely enforced painting queue. This special Freeborn character, Bovan Tuk, got to jump the line and is now done.

I am not a fan of integral bases and the one thing I dislike about the metal Antares figures is their integral bases. So Bovan needed to be freed from the little metal circle. I decided he'd look cool on a scenic sci-fi base.

He originally came with a mag gun in his right hand that I just didn't like the look of. I snipped off the hand and replaced it with a plastic Adeptus Mechanicus bit that I thought looked better. I decided since his right leg is a cybernetic replacement that the right hand should also be cybernetic. 

His furry cloak needed to be more exotic than most of the pained examples I've seen so I went with some orange that I think turned out pretty good. 


Finally, let's take a look at Bovan in a couple of lineups with other sci-fi figures  and  the other recent Antares figures (Shefdu and the 1st Freeborn guy). Above, from L to R- my 1st Freeborn, Victoria Minis Highland Guard, Bovan Tuk, Monkey Miniatures, and the Freeborn Shefdu conversion. Below, from L to R- my 1st Freeborn, Blackstone Fortress Chaos Cultist, Bovan Tuk, Raging Heroes Jailbird, and the Freeborn Shefdu conversion

Comments

Popular Posts