Streetlights - Mantic Terrain

I've still got way too much of the scifi terrain from Mantic's original Deadzone Kickstarter that is unassembled and unpainted. But now I've got these streetlights singly based and ready to get in the way of our heroes and villains on the tabletop. 

Instead of attaching these to the sides of buildings like they're designed to be, I used some 40mm pretty flat bases to attach the lamps.

I wanted the color to be sort of rusty some they got a dark reddish brown base coat then a metallic loose drybrush (not hitting everything).

The next steps were drybrushing of a dark orange mix and then a slightly lighter orange mix. All that got a dark wash and then a very light drybrush of a lighter orange. I think the results are fine for a tiny piece of terrain that's not meant to be the focus on the tabletop. 

Here we've got a few shots of the lamps with various minis to show how they'll look in action (standing still in the way of people).

Comments

Popular Posts