The Canon Digital Camera Has Been Fixed!!!

So my excellent Canon S1IS Digital camera has been down for a long time. It's not too olde, but they don't make them like they used to so when it started having this horrible black screen problem I was saddened and figured "that's it for this one." A couple weeks ago I got really tired of using the ancient (but still not too bad) Kodak DS 1, or whatever it the actual number is, so I looked up Canon black screen and variations of the problem in a couple search engines. To my surprise this problem is pretty common on several Canon digital cameras (the supplier of CCDs- whatever those are- had tons of faulty ones that cause the camera to become a high-tech paperweight) and Canon was fixing them for free regardless of warranty status. I did the little test they said to do to find out if this CCD thing was the problem and passed (or failed) so that they sent a UPS shipping label and packing instructions. Less than a week later the camera came back to my eagerly waiting (and surprised) hands. I've taken some great new pics of WIP stuff and some reshoots of the Tethru Slinger Alex did for me. Enjoy the higher resolution and quality- I am....




This is a DreamBlade mini removed from its base and with the knife hands/fingers removed. It's been put on a 20mm square base to serve as a Lost Ka fig from my 'Monsters of Ægyptus' article available in an earlier issue of CrocTales. Almost done but I want to add some more highlights or something...

Here we have one of Alex Bates' 40mm Skull Scarab Swarm bases. These guys are not quite halfway done yet...

This objective marker is a combination  of a base bit from a WarGods Eye of Ra objective marker, a Leviathan Dragon Elf Standard, and some large metal skull from Reaper or RAFM or somebody. It's all on a 20mm square base and it's nowhere near done....

I shall do some reshoots of more of the 'recent' miniatures soon because they will look a ton better (Faith and Clarkethulu especially!). Watch for this retro update soon!

Oh and thanks to th Kodak for standing in for the far superior Canon- now back into your hidey hole!

Comments

Popular Posts