Star Wars Imperial Assault- Rebels Characters


Imperial Assault figures finished up for the May the 4th holiday. It started with Sabine Wren, but when she was almost finished I switched over to Chopper. With Chopper finished I HAD to finish up Hera Syndulla. Then I came back to finish Sabine.


On all of these, I carefully took them off the integral base because I don't really like those. They were then pinned to various fancy bases. Hera and Chopper got Sedition Wars bases and Sabine got a Necromunda base. None of these are really "screen accurate' paintjobs, I went with the overall feel of each character and I think they each turned out pretty good.. 


Chopper was started over a year ago, but I stopped after a quick zenithal drybrush because I was concern about the white of most of his body. I removed his little arms because I didn't want them on him, but I kept them to use in future conversions. I like how he came out, even though I didn't go with a wild thought I had to do some Sabine graffiti on his back. 




Hera was also started over a year ago. I was concerned about finding the correct green for her skin and also getting the markings on her lekku (the head-tails for non Star Wars nerds) correct. I abandoned the idea of totally accurate lekku markings and just went for a vague approximation of them. I almost gave her a rebel symbol on one of the shoulder pads, but decided against it because it was a really small area and she was almost finished.





 I've avoided starting Sabine since I got her a few years ago, but I got her prepared for this special day because it seemed like the best time to paint her up. I went through lots and lots of pictures of her armor variations and decided to go with something that was vaguely close to her overall style. I think the armor ended up with that Sabine feel to it that I was going for. I also gave her a lightsaber on her belt because I wanted to. It's just a trimmed down piece of plastic rod, but it looks good.



I had originally planned to finish up the Ahsoka figure I started back when I started Chopper and Hera, but Sabine needed to come first. So maybe Ahsoka will be finished up soon.

Comments

Popular Posts