Hythara, Beastman Sorceress (1st Mini of '24)

 

After roughly 305 miniatures painted in 2023 (that includes terrain pieces and is an educated estimate) it's time to see what the 2024 painting brings. First up is an olde mini from an unknown source (maybe early CMON?) that has been hanging around longer than I can remember. 


She's a metal mini and I think the arm with the staff was a separate piece that was likely pinned, but she was assembled so long ago, I can't recall. She started out on a 25mm square base but was transplanted to a fancy Micro Art Studios base a couple years ago when I decided that might help prompt me to finish her.


She did have a little work done on her robes a while back, but I don't recall what colors I  mixed for it, so I shifted to some pale yellows that most closely matched. Long ago I had decided she'd have blue-greyish skin with a white chest/belly, so that was seen to.

For the staff, I wanted it to look like old wood, but sorta haunted. Not sure if that worked, but I like how it has turned out. The magic handful took a long time to decide on what to do. It started out as just white, but I knew that was going to get some kid of color. Eventually I used a mix of reds with an ancient Partha Paints Neon Magenta. I think it looks okay.



Now for the obligatory size comparison picture with the Raging Heroes Jailbird, Victorian Miniatures Highlander, and GW Primaris Marine. And below, since she had originally been intended for use in WarGods of Aegyptus, some Crocodile Games figures (including Young Scribe Shefdu).

Comments

Popular Posts