Tech Bazaar 28 - Cargo Piles and More

The next expansion to the never-ending Tech Bazaar Project is a mix of cargo piles and "radio" relay devices.



First up are some Star Wars Legion Vaporators that were previously painted, but they were prone to being knocked over at the merest hint of air movement. I decided it was time for them to be made more sturdy. I first tried to put a large head screw into one to help keep them upright. The smallest I could find that would possibly help was far too large. I searched for metal washers that were just slightly larger than the Vaporator bases. They were super glued on and roughly painted grey. It makes a world of difference in their stability. Less than a dollar spent at Lowes was well worth it. I also put some heavy orphaned screws inside the 3 control panels from that same Star Wars legions set to help those stay more stable on the tabletop.


Also previously, I had a tendency to put various scifi crates together on a base. Why? I don't know, I may have been stuck in an absolutist philosophy that everything must have a base. That started to change during the epic Stomp Walker build when it was in need of some cargo. So I had several bases of crates and barrels from various sources (Mantic, Iron Wind Metals, etc, etc) that seemed a bit cumbersome with their various sized bases. It was decided, as I was pinning a handful of new cargo piles together, that the old examples needed to be revisited.

The old ones were simply superglued to their bases and were not terribly difficult to remove. This gave me a whole new batch of free boxes and such to play with. I went about pinning these together with each other to give some usable piles that could jigsaw together to form blocking terrain or be used as objective markers.

E01 and E 02- these are from a Star Wars Legion objectives pack that didn't used to be too expensive.


E03- an Iron Wind Metals resin piece with a couple of Mantic pieces.


E04- the 2 bottom crates are some toy pieces, then there's a metal Astropolis box, and another Mantic piece


E05- a couple of resin Iron Wind Metal pieces with a couple of random plastic crates on top.

It was decided that the bottoms needed to be marked with some sort of ID numbers. I chose to use a letter (in this case "E" because this was now going to be series E of cargo stuff) followed by two numerals, starting with "01." The olde newly recombined and touched up cargo piles went up to E07. Then there were 6 more getting us to E13 total, so far.

E06- Amother metal Astropolis box, a Mantic piece and two more resin IWM pieces.


E07- another resin IWM piees with a plastic little crate on top and another Mantic piece.


Here are all of the newly built and painted groupings.


E08- a couple of Mantic pieces and a longer resin piece from the Scale 75 Fallen Frontiers starter box.

I tried to use a variety of colors, but then muted them with a couple of washes. They got a little touchup in places to make them look a little better. I wasn't going for awesome looking containers, just something would fit in with grimdark and not-so-grimdark settings.

E09- A mix of Mantic and Scale 75 (I think) pieces.


E10- Another mix of Mantic and Scale 75 pieces.


E11-ANd even more Mantic and Scale 75 stuff.


E12- All Mantic stuff.


E13- Another IWM resin piece and a Mantic box.


But what's next for the Tech Bazaar? It is always hard to say where the Tech Bazaar Muse will take us, but here are some possibilities that are being worked on from time to time.


Comments

Popular Posts