Tsan-Ra Test Model - BtGoA

 Dipping back into the legendary Antares Cornucopia, there was a blister of 3 Tsan-Ra that I wasn't sure what to do with. I thought they were cool figures, but they're metal and multi-part big fellas. I finally assembled one of them a couple months ago and set about painting it.


"Vikhnu" (I don't know if that fits as a Tsan-Ra name, bu that's his name) was pinned to one of the remaining resin bases I got from that one Adepticon a few years back, I'm starting to run low. I had no idea what colors I wanted to use, so it became sort of a zen process after drybrushing a couple layers of lighter greys in a sort of zenithal.



The first part I committed to a color on was the head area- I had to use some sort of teal because that's become a common color amongst my Antares minis. Most of the painted examples of painted Tsan-Ra I could find are variations on all black. I knew I didn't want to do that. There was a brief time I thought I'd leave the armor the drybrushed up greys, but then I found one of my favorite colors- Vallejo Model Color Canvas. It's sort of a lighter tan-grey that I try not to use on everything. So it was Canvas mixed with some shade of white that got some use on the majority of the armor.


Meanwhile, there were the legs to consider. Seeing the details in real life led me to the conclusion that the legs were bare. So I went with a darker yellow up to a sort of muted yellow. Then there was a wash to dirty everything up and a little more of the muted yellow to get the final skin color I wanted.



With Vikhnu completed, I need to get the other 2 from the blister cleaned, assembled and based so he won't be all alone. Then, possibly after acquiring some of the really cool Askar minis, I might need to expand my Tsan-Ra collection...


Comments