Fartok's Black Guard - Test Figures

 

From the Ghar Outcast Rebels for Beyond the Gates of Antares come the first couple Fartok's Black Guard figures. When I first saw these figures I thought they were really characterful and wanted to get the unit of ten for use in some skirmish gaming. The regular Ghar miniatures are cool too, but these guys with their helmets and cloaks were irresistible. 


I wanted a uniform look to them but it took some time to come up with a color scheme. The aqua blue isn't very practical for a modern battlefield, but these guys are from the far future so it fits.



For the cloaks I wanted the scales to be anything but green so the orange had to be it. I think it looks good with the blue-gray cloak and the aqua armor. Instead of using regular 25mm bases I wanted them to be on a more appropriate size base because they are soooooo tiny. After removing their integral bases I pinned them to these 20mm MDF bases and they fit just right.


And here's a comparison shot of these first two with some of my previously completed Antares figures. I kinda really love these guys and can't wait to get some more painted up.

Comments

Popular Posts