A Simple Hill(s) (Lame Terrain)

 

I have some small hills that were bought years ago but they're nothing special. Most of my terrain are buildings of various kinds and genres. During a recent game of WarGods for the current Death and Discord in Hellas world campaign we needed a large hill. This got me to thinking that I need a large hill for my own collection. So this two-piece hill came together over the course of a week.

These were made with layers of thin foam board that I was able to cut with a craft knife. Then I smoothed out the sides some with some olde texture paste I recently unearthed.

Before painting I mixed up some texture paste (baking soda, glue, rough sand, and clear medium) and went to town all over the hills. Some layers of drybrushing browns of lighter and lighter shades brought the hills to a nice neutral color. the final step was a couple of layers of clear sealer to help protect the hills from damage through normal usage.

Each half-hill is about 1 inch tall. They are roughly the same size even though their footprints are slightly different, measuring about 9.5 inches at the longest point and about 12 inches wide. The half-hill design allows them to be put together for a large hill or two hills at different parts of the table. 

The hills are one of the ultimate multi-genre pieces of terrain and I included some pictures with some Tethru Slinger conversions, the Wandering Techpriest and his Apprentice, and some terrain from the Tech Bazaar project to help show off the size for 28mm gaming.

Comments

Popular Posts