Tech Bazaar 10 - Felopian Hover Platform

Years ago, when I got my current cellphone, I was sent a case for the wrong model. It was apparently so cheap that even after I was refunded I wasn't asked to send it back. So I've had this unusable hard cellphone case that I just knew I could do something with... And since I've become more than a little obsessed with hovering terrain features lately I looked at this rigid hard plastic thing in a different light.


I found some thick strong wire that I could safely reshape the ends into roughly flat  corkscrews to attach to  the base and the middle of the platform to get the flying effect. Then I started looking for bits to attach mostly to the underside (because everybody knows that's where all the anti-gravity techy bits go).


One of my medications often comes in these cool square bottles that I have saved to use for builds (so far I think this thing was the only other time I've actually used one). Various plastic tubes and lids/caps were also used for the mechanical parts on the underside. 



I wanted to keep the top mostly clear for maximum playable surface. There's only a couple of 'curbs' to keep cargo and passengers from falling off made from lengths of sprue, a vent or some other technical thing from a new power cord, and a tank from some airplane kit.


Here we've got the Wandering Techpriest and his entourage checking out the Platform.


And her are some other folks up to no good...

Comments

Popular Posts